– got a laugh because Bella put eyeliner on me some days back and I can’t tell if it’s still there or not.
– let go of nonsense temptation for Kinokuniya merchandise. Purchased The Weight of Our Sky ebook. I could have waited but I’m also happy to just have it.
– Spent time with AA, discussed her future plans. Had a lovely time at dinner together. I’m so grateful for such fine company on such short notice.
I tried doing a rundown of Cantonese cuisine. Hope I didn’t muck it up.
3yee described to AA the hak chong yu recipe she got from taxi driver uncle. Hak chong with turmeric leaves, turmeric powder, and onion and garlic. Ugh I miss that dish of hers so much. My favourite.
We had peach resin for dessert.
You know how white people do nose to tail dining like they invented it? We should also do root to resin, show them how Asians eat their plants. Or roots to shoots?
Had a fun nonsense photo shoot.
- I want to wear that.
- Of course you want to.
- I actually already have a photo of myself wearing that.
- Of course you do.
Came back just in time to yum seng the strangers getting married.
– WS and NN passed me more children’s books! So much generosity (I definitely caught a Konmari wave too).
– an uncle at the wedding dinner told me where to get really nice fish in Teluk Intan. AA dropped some Sekinchan tips, and showed me a really beautiful book she’s reading that I had eyed before.
– I’m good at plot twists! I guessed the future of TLP and got it right first try.
– J gave me some of her groceries, because I’ve bailed her out on other times. 🥰
– Have started on a journey of making excellent spiced coffee. I can make a drink with decent layers, and it’s so easy it feels like cheating.
Now that I’ve zoomed out, I see today’s gratitude revolves around books, food, and the people (women) who make my life better.
My day somehow feels even richer as I look back, when I think of this. Huh. Didn’t think this would work so well and immediately. That’s why la, so sceptical for what? Not clever also.