I’d been working from a home office for quite some time, but lately, my company moved to a new location in SS4. No more home office means the end of afternoon cuddles time with the animals.
The two cats cope with my absence by waiting at the front door to scold me immediately upon return from the office, every day. I kinda love it.
Resident dog Cookie is away at boarding while my housemate/colleague Adri is in Finland. I feel like holding a leash and waiting at the front door for Cookie too, sometimes. Or for Adri (without the leash).
But mostly I lie on a super comfortable leather couch at night and watch tv with my useless cats. When they feel like gracing me with their presence.
My mother’s first meeting with my cats early this month went something like this:
- Lainie: *pointing at lazy fat cat* Ma, this is your grandson, Gangster.
- Mother: Choi!
That’s what straight sisters are for, getting married and supplying legitimately birthed grandchildren to your parents. I asked my mother to leave Ipoh and move in with me in KL.
- Mother: But you have cats.
- Lainie: Yes.
- Mother: Can’t you keep them outdoors?
- Lainie: Cats don’t work that way. And I probably can’t keep them out.
- Mother: I’ll live with you if you get rid of your cats.
I’m keeping the useless cats.